GISjobs.com It All Starts Here
GIS Applications Developer
SWCA's Geospatial Services program plays a key role in our company's recognized commitment to bringing sound science and creative solutions to our clients. We are seeking an experienced GIS applications developer who is passionate about spatial science and technologies and enjoys solving challenges with innovations that delight and inspire. Our ideal candidate has a strong background in scripting, workflow management, database administration, web and mobile GIS applications, and application development (front-end and back-end). This position can either be in any one of our SWCA offices or has the possiblity of beig a remote position.
In this position the candidate will engage with GIS staff, project teams, and scientists across the company. This position will also support corporate initiatives and projects as a member of SWCA's Geospatial Development workgroup. The GIS Application Developert will develop and maintain custom tools and solutions, promote and guide the practical application of GIS technologies; provide technical support for the GIS program; and help clients interpret data, identify trends, and highlight patterns. This fast-paced job requires the ability to multitask while maintaining technical precision and active engagement with numerous project teams.
The GIS Application Developer will support efforts including:
• Developing and deploying custom mobile data collection solutions in ArcGIS Collector and Survey123
• Managing data in an ArcGIS Enterprise/Portal and AGOL environment and providing multi-user geodatabase and Portal guidance and oversight
• Creating, updating, and/or improving GIS databases, tools, and applications
• Setup, guidance, and technical support of Collector applications for field data collection and providing guidance/oversight for web maps, web services, web applications
• Developing scripts and models for geoprocessing as well as process and workflow automation; building tools and/or scripts to help in the automation of deliverables and the integration of spatial data with other programmable applications
• Working with metadata and performing quality assurance and quality control of geospatial data through programmatic means
• Creating, and promoting the practical application of, configurable map applications (Dashboards, StoryMaps, custom apps)
• Supporting map production, data management through scripting and task automation
• Providing technical leadership and guidance to other staff working on customization, extension, and automation efforts
• Developing training materials and manuals, coordinating, and conducting user applications training; documenting processes for future use
• Developing and maintaining user documentation; presenting GIS related subject matter to groups
• Evaluating computer, hardware, and software systems for use in data collection, data processing, and other activities
• Working with GIS leadership to test and improve company capabilities in GIS
Stand-out qualities for this role include:
• Practiced application and customization of Esri mobile apps (Survey123, Collector)
• Pragmatic leadership and communication skills; ability to engage with staff at all levels of technical understanding
• Ability to effectively manage complex tasks and workflows
• Extensive utilization of ArcGIS Online and/or Enterprise Portal, and fluency with ArcGIS Pro
• Conceptual mastery of data management and organization best practices, especially within a multiuser geodatabase environment
• Scripting/development aptitude, efficiency, accuracy
Required technical capabilities/expertise:
• Collector and Survey123
• Python and Arcpy
• GNSS technology
• ArcGIS Pro
• Multi-user geodatabases/Enterprise GIS
• RESTful web services
• Database administration: (ETL processes, integration, structure, query) SQL, PostgeSQL
Additional skills that would be helpful:
• Esri Workflow Manager
• Arcade, .NET, PHP, HTML
• QGIS, Leaflet, Mapbox, or other open source tools
• Android operating system
• Experience with office 365 integration
• Responsive web design and UI frameworks (Bootstrap, Foundation, etc.)
• Native mobile application development (Swift/Obj-C, Esri Runtime SDK)
• Experience with server-side technologies (.NET, NodeJS, etc.)
• Cloud computing
• Unit testing and continuous integration and deployment
The ideal candidate should have the following skills and experience:
• Minimum of a bachelor's degree in Geography, Cartography, Archaeology, Biology, Environmental Science, or related field with an emphasis in GIS (or GIS certificate) and web GIS development. Master's degree or previous experience with GIS application development a plus. Equivalent experience and coursework is acceptable.
• Experience with the Software Development Life Cycle in relation to developing for GIS.
• Strong organizational skills related to scheduling time on projects and meeting deadlines while working within an organized file structure protocol.
• Demonstrated knowledge of cartography and computer mapping design principles and mapping automation procedures in ArcGIS.
• Ability to manage complex tasks, and to work effectively with large project teams and solve problems that arise in an efficient and diplomatic manner.
• Experience with complex spatial analyses involving raster and vector data.
• Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
• Ability to produce presentations, and/or written protocol of methods for reports or within metadata to replicate GIS-related analyses or modeling techniques applied on projects is strongly preferred.
• Prior work experience with in natural or cultural resources management, remote sensing, and/or water resources, and prior experience working with federal land agencies such as the USFS, NPS, BLM, BOR, USGS, or other, is desirable.
SWCA Environmental Consultants is a growing employee-owned firm, providing a full spectrum of environmental services. With offices across the United States, SWCA is one of the largest environmental compliance firms and ranks among Engineering News-Record's Top 200 Environmental Firms.
If you would like to contact SWCA regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the online application process due to a disability, please email email@example.com or call 800-828-8517. This contact information is for disability accommodation requests only. All other inquiries will not receive a response.
EOE - women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/8O1lrdfyAKy8FLBHRrja
Apply online here
SWCA Environmental Consultants
20 E. Thomas Road, Suite 1700
Phoenix, AZ, 85102 USA
Posted 2020-11-09 under Applications Developer