GISjobs.com It All Starts Here
GIS System Engineer/Administrator
Annapolis Junction, MD, USA
- Work with customers and analysts to understand and validate GIS requirements and needs.
- Responsible for supporting analytic workflows including publishing map services in a variety of formats, supporting geodatabase workflows, and assisting in supporting customers in complex geospatial analysis
- Responsible for assisting in troubleshooting operations of geospatial tools on a variety of operating systems
- Responsible for performing tuning map servers, geodatabases, big data stores
- Responsible for assisting with designing and implementing high availability geospatial systems
- Create an understanding of developed tools, answer questions and create necessary documentation for new developments.
- Responsible for collaborating with technical leads and development teams on software upgrades
- Responsible for working with the commercial vendor to define enhancements and bugs.
- Responsible for tracking work within JIRA
- Five (5) years of working experience as a GIS System Engineer/Administrator.
- Three (3) or more years of extensive and current ESRI GIS product suite experience.
- Experience in using Open Source GIS tools desired.
- Regardless of formal background, he/she must have a demonstrable knowledge and experience with designing, developing, and deploying GIS-based applications through the web or directly through software application.
- Proven ability to solve varied technical problems; be capable of reviewing technical specifications and requirements for accuracy, completeness and appropriateness in light of objectives and schedule.
- Knowledge of the Esri suite including ArcGIS Enterprise Server, ArcGIS Online/Portal, ArcGIS Desktop/Pro, ArcGIS Earth, GeoEvents Server, Insights, GeoAnalytic desired
- Have a proven ability to communicate and define complex requirements and have strong oral and written capabilities.
- Must be comfortable leading technical efforts on the design, deployment and support of an enterprise GIS
- Familiarity with Windows and LINUX security policies and how they affect operations of COTS and FOSS tools.
- Experience in performing software upgrades desired
- UNIX and Windows Server knowledge and skills are essential.
Apply online here or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Freedom Consulting Group
9881 Broken Land Parkway, Suite 300
Columbia, MD, 21046 USA