GISjobs.com It All Starts Here
Energy System Support Specialist - GIS
Lubbock, TX, USA
Participate in the planning, implementation, configuration, operation and maintenance of a Geographic Information System (GIS) for an electric utility with minimal supervision. Ensure GIS operations and special projects meet the needs and requirements of the electric utility stakeholders, both internal and external.
• Maintain GIS enterprise geodatabase of the electric utility system.
• Assist in the administration and configuration of the electric utility GIS, including integration with both internal and external information systems.
• Administer user rights and security protocols.
• Develop, implement and enforce QA/QC procedures to ensure the GIS meets the highest standards of accuracy for content, format, design and maintenance.
• Provide technical support and training to the end-users of the GIS and related software applications.
• Coordinate activities with the Information Technology Department to ensure optimal GIS end-user experience.
• Effectively interact, communicate and coordinate with other departments within the electric utility and City of Lubbock, outside government agencies, vendors, customers, contractors, consultants and others to answer questions, resolve conflicts and develop solutions.
• Accurately perform field data collection using GPS, digital and paper-based systems. Maintain GPS equipment and software as needed.
• Perform a variety of import/export procedures to and from the electric utility GIS.
• Perform GIS data analysis and production activities as required.
• Perform related duties as required.
Completion of Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year college or university in GIS, MIS, CIS or Engineering with a minimum of four years' experience in the design, development, implementation, and administration of a GIS system in an electric utility environment, including experience in relational database administration; or any combination of relevant education and experience which provides the following:
Valid Current Driver's License
• Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and relational databases;
• ESRI ArcGIS, SQL, SQL Server, AutoCAD & MS Office, including Access.
• Knowledge of ArcFM, FME, vmWare, Python, SQL Plus, SQL Developer, MySQL, PHP, HTML, or AutoCAD Map3D/Civil 3D is a plus;
• Trimble GPS equipment and software;
• Data conversion and migration concepts and procedures;
• Business of an electric distribution system, including administration, operations, engineering and customer service.
• Plan, design, implement, configure, administer, operate and maintain a Geographic Information System (GIS) for an electric utility.
• Analyze complex technical data and deliver solutions within given deadlines.
• Provide technical leadership in the development and maintenance of electric utility GIS data models, data standards and systems integration.
• Develop, implement and enforce QA/QC procedures.
• Import and export data to and from a GIS.
• Identify the components of an electric utility distribution system in the field.
• Communicate effectively orally and in writing.
• Continuously lift and carry up to 10 pounds, and occasionally lift and carry up to 25 pounds.
• Work outdoors in extreme weather conditions and on a variety of surfaces.
• Frequently stand and walk during the shift.
• Occasionally climb stairs and other inclined surfaces.
• Occasionally bend and kneel during the shift.
• Frequently flex upper trunk forward at the waist and partially at the knees.
• Push and pull objects.
• Occasionally rotate upper trunk to the left or right while sitting or standing.
• Place arms above, at, or below shoulder height.
Apply online here or via email to PHull@mylubbock.us
City of Lubbock
1625 13th St.
Lubbock, TX, 79401 USA
Posted 2018-11-29 under Geography