GISjobs.com It All Starts Here
Manager - Geospatial Services
Lenexa, KS, USA
We have an outstanding opportunity for a Manager - Geospatial Services to join our organization! This position manages the enterprise-wide Geographic Information System (GIS), gespatial data layers and provides GIS services to meet WaterOne's operational requirements and customer needs. Plans and oversees the research, evaluation, integration, and implementation of GIS, mapping, engineering and integration software applications budgeting and purchasing.
Customer Service Commitment
WaterOne employees shall continuously strive to meet or exceed the expectations of both their internal and external customers. Questions and concerns shall be acknowledged on the same day whenever possible, but no later than the next business day. Issues shall be resolved as promptly as possible, with the goal of maximizing customer satisfaction.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Lead Geospatial Services Department's operational and strategic planning, including fostering innovation, planning projects, and organizing and negotiating the allocation of resources.
• Provide GIS guidance and support to the enterprise; act as single point of contact for GIS-related issues.
• Serves as the Technical expert to WaterOne Directors and Managers and advices on the design and uses of GIS technologies and asset data that will enhance business processes and provides advice on complex technical Geospatial issues.
• Works with the IT Operations Team to assist in the design, development, integration and maintenance of GIS architecture, data layers, security, databases and applications.
• Performs highly complex analytical projects including spatial analytics and other types of analyses and forecast modeling.
• Coordinate the design of new geospatial analytics methodologies, applications, and strategies.
• Work with stakeholders to define business and systems requirements for new technology implementations.
• Plan, define, prioritize, and manage projects in coordination with the PMO Department.
• Keep current with the latest technologies.
• Coordinate data audits and quality control measures related to Geospatial applications. Establish and implement policies, procedures, and technologies to ensure GIS/SCADA/SAP data integrity and security.
• Maintain integration of GIS with other enterprise applications such as SAP and SCADA to improve the accuracy, reliability, and integrity of data and eliminate duplication of data.
• Maintain software upgrades to stay current with software applications and make use of new functionality.
• Coordinate with IOT Operations Team and other IT staff to ensure availability, security, disaster recovery, reliability, and scalability of GIS applications.
• Practice asset management and maintenance for software, hardware and equipment the department is responsible for.
• Manage department staffing, including recruitment, supervision, scheduling, development, training, evaluation, and disciplinary actions.
• Manage financial aspects of the Department including purchasing, budgeting and budget review.
• Develop requests for quote or proposal.
• Negotiate and administer vendor, outsourcer, and consultant contracts and service agreements.
• Serve as a back-up for performance of the essential functions of the Information Technology Director, as applicable.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
In addition to organizational competencies, these key competencies are expected to be demonstrated by each employee in this position:
• Analysis/Reasoning – Analyzes and examines data to grasp issues, draw conclusions, and solve problems.
• Managing Change – Demonstrates support for innovation and departmental/organizational improvement initiatives.
• Developing Others – Delegates responsibility and work with others and coaches them to develop their capabilities.
• Strategic Thinking – Analyzes the department/organization's competitive position by considering industry trends.
• Technical Expertise – Applies technical knowledge and develops technical solutions to resolve a wide range of complex problems.
• Required Education, Skills & Experience
Required Education, Skills, and Experience
• Requires a Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or Geography or related field.
• Minimum of five years work experience in IT/GIS project management.
• Minimum of three years experience in supervision of IT/GIS personnel.
• Minimum of three years' experience in managing application developers using an application development methodology. Note: An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered in meeting the requirements of Items 1 through 4.
• Must have ability to develop, maintain, and adhere to a departmental budget.
• Must have working knowledge of computer networks, cyber-security, servers, operating systems, and peripheral equipment, preferably in a Microsoft software environment.
• Advanced knowledge of GIS software capabilities and constraints is required.
• Must have experience supporting GIS enabled mapping and/or drafting business processes using an enterprise-level GIS application, preferably based on Environmental Systems Research Institute (ESRI) software products.
• Knowledge of general mapping principles, demographics analysis, spatial analysis, remote sensing, and cartography.
• Exposure to GPS devices or applications and their usage.
• Must possess management skills in directing, team building, and motivating, appraising, and training employees.
• Must have excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
• Must be assertive, flexible, and demonstrate sound judgment.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
• Preferred Education, Skills & Experience
• Knowledge of SAP ERP systems is a plus. Especially integrating GIS/SAP data and processes.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee may occasionally life/or move up to 20 pounds. The employee must be able to use a computer for several hours a day. They must be able to move from one location to another (outdoor worksites, WaterOne facilities, etc.) occasionally. The employee must be able to use office productivity equipment such as a personal computer, calculator, printer, and copy machine. While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be able to remain in a stationary position for up to several hours a day.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. The noise level in the work environment is usually
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/nqt3jrrvsnxz7ywg
Apply online here
Posted 2018-09-14 under Manager