GISjobs.com It All Starts Here
Celerity Consulting Group, Inc. has an opening for a GIS Specialist/Engineering Consultant in Walnut Creek, Stockton, and Hayward. This position is ideal for an entry level GIS Specialist or recent graduate looking to start their career in GIS, who is willing to hit the ground running.
This position works on teams assigned to our Gas & Utility client division. Responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
• Creating, modifying and updating records, maps and diagrams using GIS tools and databases.
• Gathering data related to records, maps and diagrams.
• Researching and prioritizing documents for data input.
• Producing project reports and updates as needed.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in GIS, Geography, Engineering, or other related discipline. GIS certificate plus relevant experience may substitute for bachelor’s degree
• One year of work experience, GIS preferred but not required
• Demonstrated skill and competency using Esri ArcGIS 10x to develop, edit and maintain data from engineering as-built drawings
• Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, Access)
• Understanding of geographic data types (land base, imagery, gas utility infrastructure, etc.)
• Talent to communicate effectively with others
• Ability to complete intricate assignments
• Capability to travel to client sites by means of own reliable transportation
• Ability to work extended hours and/or overtime as needed
• Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time.
• The person in this position frequently communicates with staff/clients. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
• Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity equipment, such as a mouse, keyboard, scanner, copier, and calculator.
This position is in the San Francisco Bay Area and does not qualify for relocation or visa sponsorship.
More about us:
Celerity Consulting Group, Inc. is an information management consulting firm that helps companies, law firms, regulated entities, and public agencies resolve their litigation, compliance, regulatory, and restructuring challenges. Our services and solutions center around helping teams and departments find, collect, process, review, analyze, manage, and report on data and information in a defensible and efficient manner. Founded in 2001, we are a woman-owned business, certified by the California Public Utilities Commission Supplier Clearinghouse. With locations in Los Angeles, Seattle, and the San Francisco Bay Area. Our client base is impressive, serving Fortune 500 companies, several state attorneys general offices, some of the largest utilities in the country, and 14 of the AmLaw 2016 top 25 law firms.
See full details and meet our leadership team on our website: https://www.consultcelerity.com/
Celerity is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veterans’ status or other status protected by applicable law.
Apply online here or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Celerity Consulting Group, Inc.
2 Gough Street, Suite 300
San Francisco, CA, 94103 USA