GISjobs.com It All Starts Here
GIS Field Technician
Bismark, ND, USA
Requisition Number: 29560
Company Name: DRG Inc
Service Line: 1UAM - DRG Utility Asset Management
Employment Type: Regular
Job Type: Full Time
Education Level Required: Associates
Work Experience Required: Less than 1 year
Travel Expectations: Up to 100% DAVEY RESOURCE GROUP, a Division of The Davey Tree Expert Company, has opportunities as a Utility Systems Technician, for a major electric utility provider. Davey is a leader in the tree care, utility line clearing and forestry consulting industries, throughout the US and Canada.
DUTIES: The Utility Systems Technician inspects and compiles data on power lines, electric utility equipment, and telecommunication facilities attached to utility poles in the right-of-way. The Technician uses a field computer linked with a GPS unit to record data at each utility pole. The position is 100% outdoors and requires hiking from pole to pole with all pertinent equipment including (but not limited to) computer, GPS unit, digital camera, and fiberglass hook stick. DRG provides complete training of specific task needs for the position.
Education and Qualifications:
• High school diploma and valid driver’s license required
• Two to four year degree in Electrical Engineering, Construction Technology, Geography, GIS or related discipline or equivalent experience in a similar position is preferred
• Electric Hazard Identification, Electric Equipment Identification, and Communication Equipment Identification capability is preferred
• Specific OSHA 1910.269 Qualified Training is preferred but will be provided as required by the project (including but not limited to use and testing of rubber insulating gloves, electric meter change out, use of insulated measuring sticks, open enclosure methodology, use of phasing tools
• Electric utility and telecommunications experience preferred
• Working knowledge of computers and Microsoft products - highly tech savvy is a plus.
Full time position. Compensation based on qualifications and experience.
DRG offers competitive wages, excellent benefits and full-time position includes option to buy company stock after one year. Access to industry related training materials and Davey Extension Courses. Continuous employment with DRG requires traveling to future job projects throughout the US. Pre-employment Drug Screen and Social Security verification required. The Davey Tree Expert Company and Davey Resource Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Davey is Employee Owned. Military Veterans are encouraged to apply.
The Davey Tree Expert Company has U.S. and Canadian operations in more than 47 states and five provinces and provides a variety of tree care, grounds maintenance and consulting services for the residential, utility, commercial, and government markets. Founded in 1880, Davey has been employee-owned for 35 years and has more than 8,000 employees who provide Proven Solutions for a Growing World. For more information, visit www.davey.com If you need any assistance at any time please contact us at 1-800-445-8733 ext. 1108 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nearest Major Market: Winston-Salem
Job Segment: Telecom, Telecommunications, Technician, Consulting, Electrical, Technology, Engineering
Apply online here or via email to email@example.com
The Davey Tree Expert Co
1500 North Mantua Street
Kent, OH, 44240 USA