GISjobs.com It All Starts Here
Mapping Sales Representative
Indianapolis, IN, USA
Join our team!!
Seiler Geospatial Division is one of the largest suppliers of brand name surveying & supply equipment in the Midwest. At Seiler Instrument – we feel there are more than a few reasons you should consider working with a proven geospatial industry partner. In our fourth generation, the professionals that work with Seiler do more than just sell products. We sell solutions based on our clients goals and needs, not just the descriptions from a brochure. We are looking for certified GISPs or other GIS mapping professionals that want to join our team. A successful team member should be highly motivated and have the desire to succeed with guidance from fellow co-workers and management and given all the tools required for a successful career.
Learn more about Geospatial at: https://www.seilergeo.com/about-us/
Department: Geospatial Position: Mapping Sales Representative
This position reports to the Mapping Manager and is responsible for all mapping sales activities in Indiana. This includes identifying customers, providing a value-add solution, closing sales, and customer follow-up. The position is based in Indiana and will report to the Seiler Indianapolis office.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Identify key customers and markets in a designated territory that would be candidates for the mapping products.
• Place prospecting calls to appropriate contacts.
• Establish rapport with prospective customers.
• Provide a value-add solution, remove obstacles, and close business.
• Maintain contact with existing customers and provide post-sales assistance.
• Build strong rapport with key business partners and local manufacturer reps.
• Become familiar with Esri products related to field data collection.
• Attend GIS-related events and join and participate in online GIS social media groups.
• Keep the Mapping Sales Manager informed of trends or issues.
• Keep up-to-date on new technology through training arranged by Mapping Sales Manager.
• Serve as the main point-of-contact for the customer. Stay engaged with any related issue with every customer in the territory.
• Stay on the road at least 50% of the time.
• Be actively involved in the developmental plans for the company division.
Education and/or experience:
• College degree and 2+ years of sales or customer service experience, preferably in a technical field. Each year of appropriate additional experience can substitute for formal education.
• Comfortable working with computers and learning new technologies.
• GIS/GPS knowledge a plus, but training will be provided.
• Would prefer candidate already live in the area and be comfortable with the geography.
Apply online here
3433 Tree Court Industrial Blvd.
St. Louis, MO, 63122 USA
Posted 2018-08-06 under Sales & Marketing