GISjobs.com It All Starts Here
GIS Software Developer
DURHAM, NC, USA
Farragut Systems is seeking to enhance our team with an experienced GIS developer. We are committed to the future of GIS products and are looking for someone who can drive the future product direction. The ideal candidate for this role is a bright, energetic, self-motivated individual who has a desire and aptitude to work in a fast-paced environment and can manage diverse technical challenges. The GIS developer will be responsible for implementations, support, and testing of GIS applications targeted for local governments and must be able to interact with customers at all levels.
• Design, development, and maintenance of GIS products.
• Participation in customer requirements and design sessions.
• Support for GIS data conversions, systems integration, and system/application development.
• Implementation support at customer sites.
• Diagnose and troubleshoot problems within applications.
• Provide technical support on integrating GIS products with ESRI and other GIS products.
• Participation in Agile software development process.
• Active participation in all team activities.
• B.S. degree in Computer Science, Geography, or related field with emphasis in programming.
• Minimum two-years’ experience designing and developing geospatial applications.
• Strong understanding of open data, Geographic Information Systems (GIS), collaboration portals, data integration, public information polices, and market research.
• Working knowledge of ESRI products including ArcGIS desktop functionality.
• Understand GIS workflows and their impact on the geodatabase.
• In depth knowledge of geographic data processing tools with an understanding of future industry direction.
• Knowledge of incorporating web services into desktop geospatial applications.
• Knowledge in developing geospatial applications using scripting languages such as Python.
• Microsoft security product experience.
• Microsoft .NET experience developing Console, WPF, Windows Forms and Web Applications (SOAP & REST) using Visual Studio.
• Strong RDBMS skills with SQL Server or Oracle.
• Understanding of version control management using Git.
• Experience in an Agile environment with daily scrums, sprint planning, and retrospectives.
Technically qualified applicants should also have the following personal and team skills:
• Motivated self-starter, able to multi-task to meet deadlines, and possess strong communication skills.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong personal commitment to the success of the project
• Be a team player
Compensation & Benefits:
The salary for this position is determined based on candidate’s previous work experience, current technical abilities and market salary information.
Farragut offers a competitive benefits package with benefits starting on your very first day of employment. Benefits for full-time employees include:
20 days of paid time off + 7 paid holidays each year
Comprehensive Medical Insurance, with FSA or HSA options
Vision & Dental Care
Life Insurance, including both short & long-term disability
Farragut is a provider of software solutions for the Workers’ Compensation and Local Government markets. Specifically, we have created software that automates manual transactions and stores important data for NC counties and Workers’ Compensation bureaus. Farragut’s systems allow our clients to better utilize their resources and to do their work more efficiently.
Farragut’s purpose is to transform with trust. We work to transform how our customers conduct their business by earning their trust and delivering continuous innovation. We lean on our three pillars of integrity, innovation and being service driven throughout the process. Farragut offers an environment where people who are passionate about achieving meaningful results, value innovation, and embrace our customers’ objectives as their personal responsibility can excel. Learn more about the organization at www.farragut.com.
Apply online here or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
2775 Meridian Pkwy
Durham, NC, 27713 USA
Posted 2019-10-01 under Developer