GISjobs.com It All Starts Here
Field Crew Technician
Sun Prairie, WI, USA
Continental Mapping is hiring full-time Field Crew Technicians. These positions provide an opportunity to travel throughout the U.S., learn new technology and provide a path to become a licensed surveyor. We seek talented people with a dedication to excellence and a strong work ethic.
The employee will be out of the office for up to 3-weeks at a time on deployment either manually collecting data using documented field measurement techniques, surveyor methods/equipment or driving and collecting data using the Mobile Lidar unit. Candidates are required to have and maintain a valid driver’s license with a good driving record and the ability to navigate through unfamiliar areas and adverse traffic conditions while maintaining safety standards and following all appropriate laws and regulations.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Qualifications: To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Data collection using manual methods such as surveyor wheels, laser distance measurement device, tape measure, etc.
• Willingness to learn new technology and survey techniques/equipment
• Effectively drive and operate the Mobile Lidar system
• Develop analytical and troubleshooting techniques for the Mobile Lidar unit
• Ability to navigate the vehicle carrying the Mobile Lidar unit through high traffic areas successfully to collect relevant data
• Ability to lift and carry the Mobile Lidar unit to secure it onto the vehicle; lift 40# overhead and occasional lifting of up to 75 pounds
• Report writing on daily activities and incidents
• Ability to maintain a detailed daily log of requested information
• Self-directed with the ability to make decisions based on information at hand and follow strict operating protocols in the field
• Be able to travel for up to a 3-week period of time
• Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and good driving record
• Knowledge of:
o Mobile operating system (IOS, Android)
• Ability to:
o Carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form and respond to problems as they occur with diplomacy, common sense, and a positive attitude.
o Work under pressure in a fast-paced environment, recognizing problems and finding solutions.
o Establish and maintain project priorities.
o Work independently
• Desire to:
o Learn new technology
o Learn survey work with path to surveyor licensing
Experience and Education:
• Entry level position with minimal job, college or professional experience required. High school diploma or equivalent required; Associate and/or Bachelor’s degree in Geography or related geospatial science or equivalent professional experience preferred.
License and/or Certifications:
• Valid driver’s license; must have and maintain a clear driving record
To apply to this position, visit: www.continentalmapping.com/careers
Continental Mapping is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply online here
Continental Mapping Consultants
121 S. Bristol St, Suite 201
Sun Praire, WI, 53590 USA