GISjobs.com It All Starts Here
GIS Analyst I/II
Fairfax, VA, USA
Fairfax Water has an immediate opening for a GIS Analyst I/II. The GIS Analyst will be responsible for developing, implementing, and maintaining data and applications for Fairfax Water’s Enterprise Geographic Information System (EGIS). The GIS Analyst will support data maintenance efforts including both office workflows and field data collection. Essential functions include:
• Apply GIS technology to perform advanced data entry and manipulation, produce documentation, perform spatial analysis and produce reports.
• Support development and automation processes to update, maintain, and analyze databases and ensure spatial integrity.
• Provide development, implementation and ongoing operational support for GIS and GIS users.
• Provide support for the administration and configuration of ESRI’s ArcSDE, ArcGIS Server, and associated applications.
• Coordinate and/or participate in dialogue with other Departments regarding the detailed design for the Enterprise GIS applications, functions, and services via meetings, memorandums, and other types of communication.
The ideal candidate will have a high level of initiative, be self-motivated and have the ability to work independently within general guidelines and direction.
A Bachelor's Degree in Geography, Geographic Information Systems, or a related field or any equivalent combination of education, experience, and knowledge. Thorough knowledge of the methods, principles and practices used in map preparation; the basic principles of cartographic technology; and the terminology, technical symbols, equipment, and instruments of cartographic drafting.
Apply online at www.fairfaxwater.org. Fairfax Water offers competitive salaries as well as a comprehensive benefits package, including excellent health insurance, tuition reimbursement, flexible spending accounts, and a defined benefit retirement plan. Applications must be received by January 23, 2019.
About Fairfax Water
Fairfax Water is a respected leader in the drinking water industry, supplying drinking water to nearly two million people in the communities of Fairfax, Loudoun, Prince William, Herndon, Vienna, Alexandria, Falls Church, and Fairfax City. We are Virginia’s largest water utility and one of the 25 largest water utilities in the country, serving one of every five Virginians who obtain their water from public utilities. We aim to uphold customer trust by providing water of exceptional quality and reliability at a reasonable price, supporting the high quality of life and economic vitality of Northern Virginia.
“Supplying potable water is an essential human activity, a great responsibility, and a vocation of distinction." - J.B. Mannion, Former AWWA Executive Director
Apply online here