Jobs by Category
Web & Internet
GISjobs.com It All Starts Here
Corvallis, OR, USA
This entry level position is focused on processing of remote sensing data and general production efforts across multiple disciplines within QSI (primarily aerial imagery and topographic map data). The Technician is able to produce accurate and precise data in a consistent and timely manner. This individual has a strong interest and aptitude for working with remotely sensed data across GIS and CADD platforms.
· Contribute to data production across multiple disciplines with primary focus being LiDAR quality assurance.
· Supports the efforts of Analysts and Team Leaders in data QA/QC
· Manipulates and classifies data with great attention to detail and efficiency
· Meets reasonable production deadlines
· Maintains precision and accuracy in high volume workflows
· Maintains composure with increased workload
· Takes direction from colleagues and management
· Tracks time and processing progress for all assigned projects
· All other reasonable duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
· Shows an interest in remote sensing and geodetics
· Good communication skills & professionalism
· Ability to work well within a team environment
· Strong organizational skills
· Aptitude for learning multiple geospatial software programs and technical concepts
· Ability to maintain a professional and positive demeanor in times of stress
· Can maintain productivity while performing repetitive tasks
· Ability to learn from mistakes and take constructive criticism
· Shows flexibility when being tasked
· Strong writing skills
· Bachelor's degree in relevant field
· Work experience in geospatial disciplines and data
· GIS/CADD: ESRI ArcGIS, CADD or vector-based software
· Imagery analysis and classification: Erdas, ENVI, Ecognition
· Statistical competence: Summary Statistics, Predictive Modeling
· Programming/Coding: Python, R, C++ (other)
· Database manipulation and development
Resumes will be accepted until all positions are filled. Immediate submissions are welcome and will be reviewed promptly.
All job offers with Quantum Spatial are contingent upon passing a background check and drug screening.
How to Apply
We realize the unacceptable lack of diversity in our industry and we refuse to ignore it. We proactively address this with our office culture and hiring practices. If you are not sure whether or not you’d be a fit, we say go ahead and apply! Please upload a letter of interest and resume with professional references in one (1) PDF via online application process.
No phone calls or emails, please. Incomplete applications and auto-reply submissions will not be considered.
Quantum Spatial is a proud and committed Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, or any other protected status.
Apply online here