GISjobs.com It All Starts Here
Utility Sales Account Manager
Portland, OR, USA
As a member of the Quantum Spatial (QSI) Business Development Team, you will work collaboratively to develop business and sell services to Utility (electric, solar, natural gas, and oil) clients across the nation. As part of the account team, you will be responsible for the development and execution of strategies that meet QSI predicate-sector business development objectives. When executing these strategies you will utilize your professional network and experience to work with existing clients and to identify new clients, in securing new geospatial business opportunities.
- Establish a network within the Utility sector (Primarily Electric Utilities) focused on decision-makers in order to develop business focused on geospatial / remote sensing services within that network
- Prospect and develop opportunities to contract/partner with utilities that have a need for geospatial and remote sensing solutions
- Clearly articulate the strength and value proposition of Quantum Spatial
- Develop and maintain a healthy pipeline of opportunities for business growth
- Demonstrate a thoughtful understanding of insightful industry knowledge and how geospatial and remote sensing technologies apply to initiatives and trends
- Understand the key business drivers within an organization and identify key business stakeholders
- Understand the client’s budgeting and acquisition processes
- Successfully execute the account management process including account prioritization, account resourcing, and account planning
- Work closely with portfolio/program managers regarding products and having an understanding of internal processes/factors/challenges to establish client scope and deadlines
- Successfully execute the sales process for all opportunities
- Leverage and lead a Capture Team consisting of pre-sales engineering, estimating, proposals, technical, and other cross-company resources to define and execute an account strategy
- Effectively utilize and leverage the company’s CRM to manage opportunities and drive the buying process
- Participate in trade shows, workshops, and seminars (as required)
- Support visual story telling through effective whiteboard sessions
- Be resourceful and take initiative to resolve issues
- Maintain leads and opportunities in CRM (Salesforce)
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent customer service and organizational skills
- Willingness to travel and work extended hours
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, marketing, engineering or a geospatial field (e.g., remote sensing, GIS, photogrammetry, etc.)
- Five or more years of senior management/leadership/sales experience providing geospatial data or technology solutions to clients or other type of sales to the Utility sector
- Understanding of remote sensing data acquisition technologies, enterprise-level GIS platforms, geospatial applications development, integrated geospatial solutions, and how they relate to Utilities
- Demonstrated experience in coordinating, prospecting, proposing, and winning grants and contracts
- A strategic thinker with a keen ability to make recommendations to move the business forward.
- Ability to adapt to new technology trends and translate them into solutions that address client needs
- Demonstrated experience with strong partnerships and advocacy with clients
- Excellent presentation, white boarding, and negotiation skills including good listening, probing, and qualification abilities
- Experience managing large projects and/or initiatives
- Demonstrated understanding and mitigation of competitive threats
- Ability to manage and prioritize activities
- Demonstrated experience with leading high-level/executive engagements
- Knowledge of the Utility finances, budgeting, and procurement cycles
- Highly motivated team player with a mature, positive attitude and passion to meet the challenges and opportunities of a business
- Ability to frequently travel domestically (and possibly internationally)
- MBA or equivalent education
Resumes will be accepted until all positions are filled. Immediate submissions are welcome and will be reviewed promptly.
All job offers with Quantum Spatial are contingent upon passing a background check and drug screening.
How to Apply
Please upload a letter of interest, and resume with professional references inone (1) PDFvia online application process.
No phone calls, please.Incomplete applications and auto-reply submissions will not be considered.
It is the policy of Quantum Spatial to provide equal opportunity for all qualified persons and not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, or any other protected status.
Apply online here