GISjobs.com It All Starts Here
Mapping/GIS Sales Representative
Wixom or Lansing, MI, USA
This position is responsible for all mapping sales activities in Michigan. This includes identifying customers, providing a value-add solution, closing sales, and customer follow-up. The position is based in Michigan and will report to the Seiler Wixom office or Seiler Lansing office.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Identify key customers and markets in a designated territory that would be candidates for the mapping products.
• Place prospecting calls to appropriate contacts.
• Establish rapport with prospective customers.
• Provide a value-add solution, remove obstacles, and close business.
• Maintain contact with existing customers and provide post-sales assistance.
• Build strong rapport with key business partners and local manufacturer reps.
• Become familiar with Esri products related to field data collection.
• Attend GIS-related events and join and participate in online GIS social media groups.
• Keep the Mapping Sales Manager informed of trends or issues.
• Keep up-to-date on new technology through training arranged by Mapping Sales Manager.
• Serve as the main point-of-contact for the customer. Stay engaged with any related issue with every customer in the territory.
• Stay on the road at least 50% of the time.
• Be actively involved in the developmental plans for the company division.
Education and/or experience:
• College degree and 2+ years of sales or customer service experience, preferably in a technical field. Each year of appropriate additional experience can substitute for formal education.
• Comfortable working with computers and learning new technologies.
• GIS/GPS knowledge a plus, but training will be provided.
• Would prefer candidate already live in the area and be comfortable with the geography.
Apply online here
3433 Tree Court Industrial Boulevard
St. Louis, MO, 63122 USA