GISjobs.com It All Starts Here
Anchorage, AK, USA
A Senior Technician supports Analysts to complete processing tasks with moderate oversight. This position will work both individually and as part of a team to support data production in an ArcMap and CADD environment; producing intermediate data deliverables based on client requests. A senior technician will coordinate with the Team Leader and senior technical leads towards the completion of project requirements. This includes providing technical support, quality control and training for technicians and contractors. It is expected that Senior Technicians will be able to contribute to multiple manual processing tasks independently with high attention to detail and efficiency.
● Support extraction, processing and classification of remote sensing data.
● Provide general production and quality assurance and quality control (QA/QC) efforts across multiple disciplines within QSI.
● Scope of work primarily is providing solutions to routine technical problems of limited scope.
● Supports the efforts of Analysts and Team Leaders in QA/QC.
● Visually identifies blemishes or anomalies in data and takes appropriate action.
● Manipulates and classifies data with great attention to detail and efficiency.
● Maintains processing and production sheets and assures they are updated and accurate.
● Assists in training of workflow and methods.
● Identifies process improvements and efficiencies.
● Assists with data reporting and data archiving.
● Assists in training new hires using best practices.
● Role model for best practices within processing realm.
● Exemplifies operational excellence.
● All other reasonable duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
● Good communication skills & professionalism
● Aptitude for learning multiple geospatial software programs and technical disciplines
● Can maintain productivity while performing repetitive tasks
● Strong organizational skills
● Shows flexibility when being tasked
● Ability to learn from mistakes and take constructive criticism
● Ability to work well within a team environment
● Shows an interest in remote sensing and geodetics
● Ability to maintain a professional and positive demeanor in times of stress
● Strong writing skills
● Developing experience working in ESRI, CADD, photogrammetric software suite or vector-based software.
● Understanding of coordinate systems and datums.
● Comfortable working in a 3-D environment.
● Developing Photo-Interpretation Skills.
● Experience with classifying a LiDAR point cloud.
● Experience digitizing 2D and 3D features.
● Preference for photogrammetric processing skills. Education and Experience
● 1 Year experience
All job offers with Quantum Spatial are contingent upon passing a background check and drug screening.
How to Apply
We realize the unacceptable lack of diversity in our industry and we refuse to ignore it. We proactively address this with our office culture and hiring practices. If you are not sure whether or not you’d be a fit, we say go ahead and apply!
Please upload a letter of interest, and resume with professional references in one (1) PDF via online application process. We do read every cover letter and will not accept applications without them, help us get to know you!
No phone calls or emails, please. Incomplete applications and auto-reply submissions will not be considered.
Quantum Spatial is a proud and committed Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, or any other protected status.
Apply online here
Posted 2019-06-06 under Technician