GISjobs.com It All Starts Here
GIS Application Developer/Analyst
Lenexa, KS, USA
WaterOne is an independent public water utility. We've been proudly serving the Johnson County, Kansas area since 1957. Every day, nearly 425,000 customers rely on WaterOne to provide fresh, clean water on demand. It's a responsibility we deliver on.
Our passion is water because water touches everything we care about: family, health, safety, and community. We serve our community by bringing award-winning water to their homes, businesses, and public places.
The purpose of this position is to design, develop, implement and maintain applications utilizing Geographic Information Systems (GIS) in order to provide location-based information to users. The GIS Developer/Analyst will help determine the best tools and data to use for GIS functionality and recommend future directions and capabilities for GIS applications.
Customer Service Commitment
WaterOne employees shall continuously strive to meet or exceed the expectations of both their internal and external customers. Questions and concerns shall be acknowledged on the same day whenever possible, but no later than the next business day. Issues shall be resolved as promptly as possible, with the goal of maximizing customer satisfaction.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Design, develop, implement and support GIS applications on the ArcGIS Platform.
• Conduct technical reviews of proposed GIS applications and integrations. Advise as to feasibility, programming and database design approach, and language to be used.
• Analyze business requirements, prepare written specifications, evaluate and recommend new GIS applications for WaterOne.
• Assist in establishing and maintaining GIS database quality control and quality assurance procedures.
• Communicate with vendor/consultant assigned to GIS Technical Support as required for the purpose of clarifying new techniques or problems pertinent to the vendor's software.
• Troubleshoot and identify GIS technical problems experienced by GIS staff and end-users.
• Lead application development efforts through entire Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) including requirements gathering/user story development, design, development, testing, deployment and user training. Mentor GIS Analyst staff on programming, data to be used, concepts to follow, proper computer run procedures, and proper data entry procedures concerning GIS application design and development.
• Develop programs to update and modify application data to work out complex interfaces between applications and platforms.
• Provide and maintain integration between GIS and other non-spatial applications such as SAP and SCADA.
• Maintain and enhance GIS applications.
• Provide GIS software support for GIS staff and end users.
• Uphold GIS system integrity, security and confidentiality.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Education, Skills & Experience
• Bachelor's degree preferably in GIS, Geography, Computer Engineering, Information Technology or related field plus three to five years of experience in GIS application development on the ArcGIS Platform (ArcGIS Enterprise, ArcGIS Desktop, ArcGIS Pro, ArcGIS Online, etc.). Note: An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered in meeting these requirements.
• Experience in GIS application development, using programming, scripting languages and code repositories, such as Microsoft .NET, C++, C, SQL, Java, Python, C#, Qt, Arcade, JSON, Git, Github, Jira, Microsoft Team Foundation Server/Azure DevOps.
• Experience developing with ArcGIS REST API.
• Experience with industry standard software development lifecycles (SDLC) such as Waterfall, Agile, Rapid Application Development (RAD) or DevOps.
• Must have knowledge of relational database management systems, and database concepts, using Microsoft SQL Server.
• Must have knowledge of the theory and use of Windows operating systems, mass storage file techniques, telecommunications, scanners, plotters, global positioning systems, and field computer equipment.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Must have strong analytical, spatial analysis, and problem-solving skills.
• Must possess valid driver's license and meet WaterOne driving standards.
• Must pass post offer medical exam, including drug screen and background information verification (may not apply to current employees).
Preferred Education, Skills & Experience
• Utility GIS experience, preferably in water or wastewater.
• ArcGIS Integration Experience with 3rd party applications, Asset Management, Hydraulic Modeling, and/or Work Management Systems.
• Experience designing, developing and deploying applications leveraging cloud services such as Microsoft Azure or Amazon Web Services (AWS).
These key core competencies are expected to be demonstrated by each employee at WaterOne:
• Customer Focus - Demonstrates a concern for satisfying both internal and external customers and builds collaborative relationships with customers and stakeholders.
• Communicates Effectively - Demonstrates the ability to listen and express oneself effectively.
• Interpersonal Savvy - Demonstrates the ability to effectively coordinate with others to achieve goals and solve problems by maintain flexibility and open mindedness.
• Problem Solving/Drive for Results - Demonstrates the ability to find solutions to complex problems.
• Conscientiousness - Expresses the motivation to perform one's job in a careful, thorough way that adheres to the standards of honesty and integrity.
In addition to organizational competencies, these key competencies are expected to be demonstrated by each employee in this position:
• GIS concepts and methodologies – Demonstrated understanding of the science of geography with a proven ability to reveal insights into data, such as patterns, relationships, and situations to help users make smarter decisions.
• Analytical – Examines data to grasp issues, draw conclusions, and solve problems.
• Creative & Innovative – Develops fresh ideas that provide solutions to all types of workplace challenges.
• Dependable – Takes personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of work and achieves results with little oversight.
• Growth & Development - Displays an ongoing commitment to learning and self-improvement.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may occasionally lift/or move up to 50 pounds. The employee must be able to move occasionally from one location to another or be able to remain in a stationary position for up to several hours a day. The employee must be able to use office productivity equipment such as a personal computer, calculator, printer, and copy machine. The employee must be in possession of a licenses and be able to operate a vehicle at any given time. The employee must be able to install, maintain, or service computer hardware and software and other related equipment.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job operates in both the field and a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate except when in the field on a jobsite
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/ynrpk22454366j28
Apply online here